torsdag 24 april 2014

Logos

Today I have been working on a logotype for our team called "Lingonskogen" (Swedish for "the lingonberry forest"). We wanted to include lingonberries in the logo so the first thing I did was to research some reference photos and then make some quick sketches in Photoshop.
















After drawing these and discussing with the team I got a clear picture of what we wanted to create and transferred the sketches to my sworn enemy called Illustrator. Since I am very new to using Illustrator it took me some time to get the result I wanted, in the future this will probably be less of a problem as I get more and more familiar with the software. I think one of my biggest issues is that it looks a lot like Photoshop, but it does not behave like it and that some, practically identical, options are named differently. I also think it is a matter of practice to understand how the anchor points and lines work which has been a major source of irritation. As usual when working I had my laptop connected to a projector so that the team could see what I was doing and give instant feedback, especially our Lead Designer Oskar Lidh Frykmark helped me out with the design.

The end result however, once I managed to win against Illustrator, turned out really well, I created two separate sheets, one for light backgrounds and one for dark backgrounds. We want to have several versions of the logo so that we can choose depending on what we want to place it on, for instance a t-shirt or a poster.
















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar