fredag 14 november 2014

3D2

Yesterday we started doing some textures from photo references in Photoshop and Crazybump and learning the basics of implementing them in Unreal 4.

Firstly I created a Diffuse map that would tile, using the offset filter in Photoshop and layer masks, from that I baked a Normal map in Crazybump after decreasing the saturation to 0 and finally I made a Gloss map from that by inverting the colours so that the skicy parts would be darker and the matte parts brighter.

These maps were then imported into Unreal 4, linked and tiled so that it would be displayed correctly when applied to the floor. The first one I created in class and the second one is something that I tested doing at home last night.

Diffuse, Normal and Gloss Maps In Unreal 4
Photo References Used

 

Diffuse, Normal and Gloss Maps In Unreal 4
Photo References Used



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar