söndag 3 maj 2015

Five Weeks Down

This week has gone by super fast and I am still feeling a bit stressed, I think that we will need to kick in an even higher gear next week.

I do have a lot of tasks that demand my attention but I will focus on what I have done for the main character this week. Firstly I needed to make even more changes to the braid after getting feedback from our teachers, which meant redoing the high-poly for it as well. Twice. In the end it turned out well I think, my only concern is that it is so big that it might cover much of the armour on her backside. But the game is all about movement which means that the braid will not be much in the same place and I do feel that it will add a lot to the character. This is how the final high-poly turned out. (Final as in there is no time to fix anything even if we would want to).














When that was done I started working on the highpolys for all of her armour, I have created all of the armour in 3Ds Max as it is easiest to get smooth hard surfaces. The next step will be to take them into Z-brush to just add details that will make it fit into the art style better and look worn. This will be done by treating the edges in the same way as the environment artist has treated the edges of metal objects, meaning I will need to sit down with the artists to discuss exactly what tools he used and put it into the style guide. I will also add cuts in the armour so that it looks as if she has been in fights before, although her armour is still relatively new.













To make the buckles on the leather corset I borrowed a part of the lock mechanism on her book of light which will give cohesion to the style as well as between the character and her book. I also added the logo from the book and placed it upon various places on her armour. The writings on her armour will be completely done in 2D textures instead of engraving them in 3D which would be completely unneccessary. To create a normal map for them with depth, I would only need to make them dark against a light surface and bake normals from that before merging it with the other normal maps.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar