torsdag 31 oktober 2013

Project Romantic Pencil

The ending of our introduction to game analysis and game design course is coming up really fast now. The assignment is to design and pitch a space shoot 'em up game inspired by two randomly selected words. Our words are romantic and pencil, which seemed really difficult at first but I think we have been able to take those words and create something that is new and different.

I have been chosen from my team along with another team member to go up on stage next monday and present our game. Today we got to go up in front of our teacher and two teaching assistants aswell as the rest of our team to test our pitch and get some feedback. Even though we did not finish our pitch until last night it went really well. Of course I got nervous several times during the pitch but I feel I was able to control it and hopefully, with a lot more practice, it wont be too intimidating doing it in front of the entire class and teachers.

The feedback we got was generally positive but we also got some great tips on how to improve both our pitch and our design, altough at some points the feedback was a bit conflicting as they did not always completely agree with each other. Our teacher did say when we were asked which our words were, that he was sorry about that, however when we were finished he said that he was not sorry anymore and that he loved it.

We have been working really hard on this project, many nights have been spent passing things back and forth on skype and we have had many (and long) group meetings. I have learnt a lot during the process although I have felt most of the time that we have no clue as to what we are doing. I have been leading the "art part" as I was chosen as the Lead Artist early in the process and I have gotten a lot of practice in planning and thinking of what needs to be done and delegating tasks, as well as creating art.

At first I felt that we had some difficulties communicating with each other and it was difficult to combine our thoughts and ideas since we are very different from each other. Now i feel that we have finally learnt how to communicate and come together as a team. We still have a lot to do but I think we are in a good place considering the work and time we have left.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar