torsdag 9 oktober 2014

Chalice Update no 2

I have been working on my textures for the museum assignment, for which I am modelling a golden chalice. mainly I have been focusing on my normal map this week as I want to use it to get a better result when creating my diffuse and specular maps. I experimented a bit in MudBox but could not get it to work the way I wanted it to so I gave 3D Coat a go instead.

In 3D Coat I increased the polycount dramatically and basically just painted the patterns I wanted on it before baking my normal map.
High-Poly Model in 3D Coat





















Here is how it looks when imported in UDK, I think it looks quite good but I am not very happy with how the cup part is looking. Next week I need to bring it to class to ask how I can improve it, other than that I need to figure out how I am going to paint my diffuse map. I feel that I have come to a point where I can continue on creating the diffuse map, probably I will continue to work in 3D Coat and adding finishing touches if needed in Photoshop.


Low-Poly Model with Basic Diffuse Map and Normal Map

This is my first experiment with the diffuse map that I started on last week, it did not really turn out very well. It does not really look like gold and I think that it should look newer, or at least more cleaned, it should be a well kept precious object. The only thing that worked was the "dirt" along the edges as it gave the chalice a lot more character and made it look more interesting and real.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar