tisdag 14 oktober 2014

Chalice Update no 3

I got some feedback on my chalice today and made some improvements. The first thing I did was to fix the normal map as that was what was causing the issues with the cup part.

Previous version to the left, new to the right















I did this by creating a flat normal map and using a layer mask in Photoshop to only show the patterns that I had created.

Old normal map on the left, new on the right












I also decreased the general brightness of the specular map and increased the contrast between it and the highlighted parts as well as added some darker areas between the ornaments where the chalice would not be as polished as the rest. I still have some experimenting to with that one though, as I have been given the advice to try to use the specular map to achieve a brushed metal look. Adding little, lighter scratches will hopefully make the chalice look as if it has been used and polished many times and be more interesting to look at.

Chalice in UDK





















I have also been working on the diffuse map, using 3D Coat to paint directly on a High-Poly model. What I have changed since my last update is to add the "dirt" that would be gathered in the creases of the ornaments. As these are areas that are difficult to get to when cleaning and polishing the chalice, they should be darker than and not as shiny as the parts that are sticking out.

Chalice in 3D Coat, new version on the right

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar